Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter!

What a beautiful time of year!!  New life - the tomb is empty!  Christ has risen!

We see how God has reminded us of this biblical truth through nature as we watch the flowers bud and bloom.  We see the dead vines turning green again, watch at the birds and butterflies return to our gardens.  Hope is alive.

I'm looking forward to a blessed weekend.  I will be shopping today in preparation for our Easter meal with our kids and grandkids.  Ashley is hosting this year and we each bring a few dishes.
Our Easter Menu this year is:

Vegetable Appetizer
Deviled Eggs
Seven Layer Salad
Glazed Ham
Hot Pot Cracked Potatoes
Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Corn Soufflé
Rolls
Iced Tea
Banana Split Cake
Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting

I'm thankful that my girls enjoy cooking and not only enjoy it, but do very well at it.  It sure makes my job easier as we share the responsibility in both the cooking and the hosting.  I will try and remember to take pictures to post next week.

I'm hoping to finish planting a few flowers and bushes today as well.

Tomorrow I will be putting my baskets together for the grandbabies and maybe a little something for my girls.

Sunday of course will be church...a light breakfast, special Easter Music, an Easter Play and Egg Hunt for the kids.

Hoping everyone has a blessed holiday weekend!


I love the graphics on these old Easter Cards....I have some very similar that were my Great Grandmas from the early 1900's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment