Monday, April 28, 2014

Thrifting Fun

Last week I hit a couple of thrift stores in the area.  I found quite a few fun bargains and rescued some items. 

I found a 1988 Edition Longaberger Basket.....I paid 2.95 for it and when I looked it up on line, they are selling between $100.00 an $300.00 dollars!!!  Unbelievable.  I am not a collector, but I knew Longaberger Baskets were collectable.  I use baskets a lot and buy them all the time, I mainly like them for storage.  This one needs to be with someone who appreciates that it is a Longaberger...I have someone in mind, and may send it to her.




My favorite find was the Bird Girl statue from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil!  She is a small 15 inch statue, BUT, on my way to the cashier, she fell out of my cart (I had TOO much stuff in my cart) and broke in three places.  Well I still had to have her, for 4.00.....I figured I would just glue her back together, she was just going to go in my flower garden anyway.  When I looked her up on line, I was sickened to know that she cost $114.00 retail!  I feel so bad for breaking her, but she still has a home now!

My Bird Girl, waiting for her glue to dry  :(




I picked up several other serving dishes and fun items such as these Blue Fleur de Lis glasses, made by La Rochere from France. There were only 5 of them, but I love them for $7.95.






I always pick up blue Ball jars when I find them.  Love to use them for decorating and centerpieces.

Just a few of the items in my overflowing cart!


2 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at what you find! It's even more fun to go with you and watch you work your thrifting magic :)

    ReplyDelete